Friday, February 15, 2008

"Stuck In the Middle (of the earth) with You"

I don't know who sang that song, but "stuck" is not really the term I would use for spending time with this great team. As you can see, I'm the only female on this 5 person mission team. Otto is behind me, then L-R, Whitney, Eric, and Brad. This was our first real "tourist" thing to do. We crossed the equator as we travelled from Kampala (where we stayed at Hotel Equatoria--after arriving late in Entebbe, then traveling with our fabulous driver, Stephen, to Kampala Wed. night) to Nyaka AIDS Orphans School. (By the way, the guys intiation into roughing it began at the hotel--none of them had hot water for a shower--I did though!! Thanks, God!)

Did you know that north of the equator, water drains clockwise, south, it drains counter clockwise, and right on the equator, it drains without swirling?? I didn't! An amazing little equator factoid for you--you're welcome!

Anyway, I wanted to give you a glimpse of the team. I'm a visual person, so I like being able to picture people and things as they're discussed.

Sorry for the delay in starting the trip specific blogs--we had internet trouble at home for a few days--maddening timing!!

Must sign off for now--more coming soon!!

No comments: