Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Officially Committed

I've submitted my initial paperwork and $100 deposit. It's official now!!

I've been in contact with someone who went to Nyaka last June for a month. She sent me a very helpful list of what to bring, what not to bring, and some cultural differences. Very evident in several of the instructions is the "no priss" factor, which concerns me a bit--she says don't mess with make-up--no one else does-- and don't bring electric hair dryers, curling irons, straighteners, etc. That means I'll go to the stylist and make sure I've got a "no-fuss" do. Now, I was aware of these kinds of "roughing it" being a part of the trip. I figure Hilltop camp has prepared me for some of it :) I was somewhat comforted when I read that the school has a guest house with a shower (cold, but nevertheless, a shower). It's her mentioning the word "latrine" that has me concerned. I've asked her for further clarification. . .

No comments: