Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sweet devo time

Monday, I decided that I would read and study the book of James over the next few days. I love to read and reread James because of its action orientation to faith. "Faith without works is dead!" ". . .I will show you my faith by what I do!" My version of that at home for the family is, "Knowing and Doing are two different things!" (I think that will be the title of my first book.) Anyway, I came across James 1:27, which has new meaning for me as I anticipate my trip: "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after ORPHANS and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (emphasis mine)
A sweet reminder of the purpose. . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, you are still ahead of me-no google account, no blogging!
You are going on a mission trip-awesome! I will be praying for you. What will you be doing there?
It was good to see you and Stacy Friday night.
Love your James devo-that hits home. You are too cool, and I think of you often. Keep us updated-I'll be praying!