Thursday, November 8, 2007

Clarification received--relief!

Okay, I got an email back from the person who taught at the school this past summer. She has further explained "latrine." It appears that it is an outhouse, with or without an "interior structure." At least it's not an "open trench" which is one definition. I didn't like the mental picture!! :)

Many thanks to a personal friend of mine who found a forgotten stash of cash in one of her drawers and decided the best way to use it was to provide some resource support for my trip. What a blessing! Thanks for sharing the vision to help improve the lives of these orphans!

Next prep steps: Call the IU international travel office to meet with them and discuss necessary vaccinations and medications and obtain a Ugandan travel visa. (I have my passport already--and despite hearing many horror stories about how long people have had to wait to get them, mine came sooner than expected!)
Thanks for your interest. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia,

Sorry, it took so long to write back. Thank you for going to my blog and saying hello. I'd love to stay in touch. I enjoyed your blog.

You sound excited about your upcoming trip. I'm jealous - I have to wait another year... I'm going to be blogging on a separate blog solely about Nyaka and the lead-up to my trip and beyond.

It was great meeting you and I look forward to talking more.

Peace,

Chris

Unknown said...

Cool! I am using my passport for the first time too this year. I'm going to Germany from Christmas to New Year's. hooray for new adventures!

Anonymous said...

Cynthia,
Loved your blog! I knew God had BIG plans for you. It is very exciting news to know that you are living out your faith by going to Nyaka --I'm not sure I have that kind of courage.
You, your family and your trip are in my thoughts and prayers often.
Love Ya!
Theresea