Tuesday, December 18, 2007

In Big, Bold Letters

I just received a Christmas gift (not a holiday gift) from a very close friend of mine. Along with the wonderfully fragrant body spray and the intense worship CD came the largest gift of the three--a black wood-carved sign that reads:
FAITH
in big---I'm talking 6 inches tall-- bold letters. Right now, it's on my office shelf where I'll look up and see it frequently and smile for the reminder to believe in God's provision for a calling--the God who claims He is "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine , according to his power that is at work within us. . ." Eph. 3:20.
I want the kind of faith that lets God be who he is--big, powerful, multi-dimensional, and personal at the same time. If you're interested in that too, check out the book, In a Pit With a Lion On a Snowy Day. I'm currently on chapter 5, and it's a great reminder of our need for perspective in our circumstances and FAITH.

No comments: