Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ya Know What Happens When Ya Pray for Patience

I've done it again. You know what happens when you pray for patience--you end up in all these situations that help you develop that character trait. About a year ago, I prayed to be better in confrontational situations, because I saw that one was going to be necessary in a friendship of mine. Of course, that led to an onslaught of practice in several other relationships. I thought, "You're an idiot!! You asked for it!!" Overall, though, while immensely uncomfortable, the skill does have the benefit of keeping the air clean with people. Ya never have to wonder where you stand. Well, here's what I did 7 months or so ago: While I was listening to Tim LaHaye deliver a message on increasing one's faith, I prayed that God would increase mine. Go ahead, shake your head in disbelief. We all know what's coming--the calling to a mission trip ---which I am not personally resourced for. I'm depending on others who catch the vision to impact these AIDS orphans. It is definitely a faith stretch, but I know God will equip the called.
I currently have $900 in my account. I need $2300 for the trip itself, $250 for immunizations and medication, and about $60 for a travel visa. I love seeing God show off with provision--I'm just ready to see Him show off sooner rather than later ( back to patience??????). . . .

1 comment:

Emily said...

weee :) I remember my first mission trip experience - pretty much doing the same thing - God, open me up to your plan...wait? Venezuela? WHAT?!?!?! :) It's a great experience, though, and you have much love and inspiration to impart to people who need YOU specifically in Africa!

I can't wait to hear the stories and see Uganda through your eyes!