Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to my very small group of blog readers!
I was blessed to receive for Christmas the amount I needed for immunizations and my travel visa! God continues to work out the details for my trip. I'll be headed into the IU International Travel Health Office asap.
As I talked with my extended family over the holidays about my trip, the support, interest, and questions increase. Safety has been an ongoing concern. Tonight, I went to the U.S. State department's website to check out the "Consular Information Sheet" for Uganda. Click here if you'd like to check it out. It was somewhat different than the last update from May 07. It specifically listed the Kanungu district of Uganda (where Nyaka School is) (along with a list of other districts) as having potential security concerns from insurgent activity or armed banditry. I had rested in the fact that on the last report, it wasn't listed. I'll be traveling with a group; at last count, there were more men than women going. We have contacts in the country and at the school who are helping coordinate our visit and know with whom to schedule reliable, safe ground transportation, interesting tourist destinations, etc. Please do pray for the safety of the team!!

1 comment:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Well! Looky who I found. :)
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!